Are you one of those people who love the finer things in life? No well-dressed man (or woman) feels ready to leave home without a great pen tucked neatly into his top pocket (or in a lady’s purse). You know how much you hate to touch someone’s else’s pen, right?!
Today there are a few good brands available in India that offer the finesse of a luxury pen to the buyer who is not scared to spend when it comes to his personal choices. Read on to find the ten best pens to buy in India if you want to be stylish and classy.
Best pens to buy in India
|Brand and name||Type||Ink colour||Warranty||Box|
|Pilot Crocodile Design Body||Fountain Pen||Black||1 year||Included|
|LAMY Safari 17F Umbra||Fountain Pen||Charcoal Black||1 year||Included|
|Swiss Military Roller Ball Pen||Roller Ball Pen||Black||1 year||Included|
|Schneider iD Black/Blueberry||Fountain Pen||Black||NA||Included|
|Waterman Hemisphere GT Roller Ball Pen||Roller Ball Pen||Black||3 years||Included|
|TWSBI GO SAPPHIRE with Spring Load Mechanism||Fountain Pen||Blue||NA||NA|
|Sheaffer 9317||Ball point Pen||Black||1 year||Included|
|Parker Insignia Slim Shiny Chrome Gold Trim||Ball Pen||Silver||2 years||Included|
|Cross Classic Century||Ballpoint Pen||Black||1 year||Included|
Pilot Crocodile Design Body
- The design of this pen is a wonderful blend of sophistication with just a hint of sensuality in its animal print bands to help you show off your personality a little.
- It has a fine nib point of .7mm that writes smooth on a wide variety of paper.
- This pen gives consistent ink flow all the time.
- Plastic grip makes it comfortable to write for longer duration.
- Premium quality brass barrels and polished stainless steel accents will ensure there is no rusting or corrosion even after years of use.
- The company recommends to use Pilot Ink Cartridges Or Pilot’s bottled ink for refilling.
- It offers optimum durability for daily use.
- Comes in an aesthetic black box.
- Ideal for gifting.
|This pen is neither too heavy, nor too light so it is just right for writing.|
Gives consistent ink-flow.
|It might be a little scratchy initially but the scratchiness should be overcome with some writing.|
LAMY Safari 17F Umbra
- This pen offers super smooth writing.
- It is lightweight.
- This pen has a triangular grip which makes it quite comfortable to write with.
- It is considered by many as the perfect entry point for an affordable yet luxury fountain pen.
- The ‘F’ nib lies between a medium ‘M’ nib and an extra fine ‘EF’ nib.
- The pen feels more balanced when the cap is posted.
- This pen looks like it is powder coated because of its charcoal grey colour.
- It has a smooth ink-flow right upto the last drop of ink. That is a sheer pleasure when you write with it.
|The biggest plus point of this pen is its triangular grip.|
Because of its affordability, it is the perfect entry point for buying your first fountain pen.
It is a light-weight pen so that is another added advantage.
|Not much to complain about this pen.|
Swiss Military Roller Ball Pen
- This pen has an ergonomic functional design so that you are able to use it comfortably for as long as you want to write.
- It is made with scratch resistant lacquer so the pen will maintain its great look for a long time.
- Gold plated trimmings add to the regal look of this pen.
- Swiss Military Cross logo under the clip on the cap looks wonderful.
- The clip is quite tight so it will not slip off your pocket.
- Writes beautifully.
|The classy look of this pen is a great feature of and by itself.|
It also writes smooth as butter.
|We truly did not find much to complain about with this pen.|
Schneider iD Black/Blueberry Fountain Pen
- This pen has substantial girth and it is one of those pens that have enough body to hold between your fingers comfortably.
- It is light weight despite its girth.
- It has a smooth steel nib.
- Super smooth writing.
- Clip on the cap is quite tight so once tucked into your pocket, you don’t have to worry about the pen slipping off.
- This one looks stunning
|This pen brings together great form and function as it looks and writes very nice.||The clip might be a little too tight for some people.|
Waterman Hemisphere GT Roller Ball Pen
- This pen has a sophisticated design with a clean contemporary look.
- This is a true quality product.
- Smooth matte black lacquer cap and barrel.
- The classic finish of this pen makes a style statement by itself.
- 23K gold-plated clip (GT Version) fitted with refined metallic roller ball.
- This pen glides on the paper and writes as smooth as butter.
- Great option for fine writing.
|The biggest positive for this pen is that its solid grip makes it truly handy.|
It also has a 3 year warranty to make it a preferred choice.
|Seriously there is nothing much to complain about this pen.|
TWSBI GO SAPPHIRE – Fountain Pen with Spring Load Mechanism
- This pen offers a new take on affordable fountain pens.
- It has a stainless steel nib, available in a variety of nib sizes.
- It is super easy to use.
- This pen is extremely quick to fill as well as to empty as it is designed with a unique spring-loaded piston filling mechanism with super quick spring action which is quite different from other piston-filled pens.
- It is rather easy to fill this pen from an ink bottle as the spring loaded piston fills up in a single-stroke push action – once you have unscrewed the barrel and accessed the plunger, you can immerse the nib into the ink bottle and just press down on the piston which then compresses the spring and fills up the barrel.
- When you push the piston down, the spring pushes it back up automatically.
- This pen does not require a twist action, where you have to wind the piston down and then wind it back up to fill the ink.
- The translucent blue body allows you to see the ink-flow and the spring piston mechanism at work.
- It also has a clear clipless cap with a snap-on mechanism.
|The unique spring-loaded piston filling mechanism with super quick spring action is the best thing about this pen.||The lack of warranty is a drawback with this pen that could have been easily removed by the company.|
Sheaffer 9317 Ball Pen
- The Sheaffer 9317 is a corporate favourite.
- This pen also has a quintessential flat top with tapered end towards the nib.
- It has a solid brass body coated with black lacquer.
- It has nickel plated trimmings to add final touches for a classy look.
- It comes with a wide clip that holds on perfectly to a thick journal or even a pant pocket.
- It is ready to write with a simple, smooth twist.
- This pen comes with a limited one-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
|This is a well-designed pen and meets all the criteria of writing efficiency as well as aesthetics.|
This pen is a great option for gifting.
|We didnot find anything negative about this pen but we came across some product reviews mentioning that the lacquer / paint starts wearing off in some time.|
Parker Insignia Slim Shiny Chrome Gold Trim Ball Pen
- Sleek design.
- Quality product.
- Striking contrast of gold and silver gives an outstanding look to this pen.
- The golden clip is beautifully designed to command attention.
- It comes with a two year warranty.
- Writes elegantly.
|The two-year warranty is a great plus for this pen.||Again, nothing too bad about this pen.|
Cross Classic Century Ballpoint Pen (Classic Black)
- This pen has an graceful satin finish in black, emphasized by 23-karat gold-plated trimmings.
- It provides smooth and consistent ink flow.
- Slim twist action mechanism brings out the ballpoint for writing.
- Trademarked conical tip is helpful for comfortable writing.
- Patented twist-action barrel.
- Comes in a premium quality box pack.
- Manufacturer’s lifetime mechanical warranty.
- Medium size point type.
- Swivel-action propel/repel feature helps with writing precision.
- Comes with specially formulated ink that flows flawlessly.
- Ensures a superior writing experience.
|The lifetime mechanical warranty is a huge factor to pick this pen.||It might be too slim for those who are looking for a pen with good girth to hold on to comfortably.|
So that makes up all the best pens we found currently available in India. But if all these names get too overwhelming, we have picked two that are absolutely safe bets for anyone!
Best value for money
TWSBI GO SAPPHIRE Fountain Pen with spring load mechanism
Best Budget Pick
Sheaffer 9317 Ball Pen
With this, we complete our list of the best pens in India. Hopefully, this list will help you find the pen that completes the look for you.
Do let us know if you have anything to add.